Loading...

2021 UTME: JAMB SAYS CLOSING DATE FOR REGISTRATION WILL NOT BE EXTENDED

The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) says it will no longer extend the closing dates of registration for both the 2021 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and the Direct Entry (DE) applications.

JAMB stated this in its Weekly Bulletin, published by the office of the Registrar and made available to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Monday, 31st May, 2021, in Abuja.

JAMB Candidiates in a CBT Centre

The board had earlier extended the exercise from the initial closing date of 15th May 2021 to 29th May 2021, to enable candidates who were unable to register within this time to carry out a seamless registration exercise. The new closing date, which ended on Saturday 29th May 2021, however, will not be further extended.

According to JAMB, in spite of the two-week date extension, complaints of candidates’ inability to register persisted.

The complaints received, the board stated, include lateness or non-delivery of National Identity Number (NIN) verification code; inability to obtain NIN; and mismatch or wrong names originally submitted to National Identity Management Commission ( NIMC).

The board said while few of such excuses have been found to be genuine, a large number were traceable to fraudsters, whom, it alleged, intend to sabotage the workings of the system.

JAMB said, however, that it will give another opportunity to those who have genuinely tried to register but failed, due to some of the challenges mentioned.

The Board has said any prospective candidates, with genuine proof of failed efforts to register before the closing date should visit any JAMB office for reconciliation with their evidence between Monday, 31st May 2021 and June 15th, 2021. Also, Candidates with genuine reasons for missing the registration are to obtain and complete a form, at no cost.

The board added that any candidate who submits another application after having successfully registered during the earlier registration period will have the two attempts disqualified.

It warned: “Any false claim will attract severe sanctions, including forfeiture of the deposited Bank Draft, cancellation of application(s) and prosecution.

“Due to the fact that some parents and school proprietors have been found to mislead candidates for illicit gains and personal aggrandizement, the board advises all to allow each candidate to personally go through the process.

Story: Ene Ken-Yawe

CLICK NAIJA 2021

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

LIVE OFFLINE
track image
Loading...