Click Naija Online Radio is the youth-oriented channel dedicated to empowering young minds with useful and entertaining information. We introduce to you Click Naija’s special online campaign tagged ‘Click Naija Heroes Challenge,’ coming up from 16th to 19th November 2020.
The aim of this campaign is to celebrate young Nigerians who have contributed to selfless service and made an impact on society in 2020 during the COVID-19 pandemic Lockdown and after the lockdown. The lockdown was a trying time for many Nigerians and people all over the world. It posed new challenges that many people did not see coming or plan for.
Families found it difficult to feed, many children and women were locked down with their abusers, babies were abandoned by mothers who could not feed themselves, schools faced a new challenge of quickly adopting new online skills, increasing reported cases of coronavirus infection overwhelming the health facilities with few doctors to attend to cases, fear of being infected by the virus for frontline medical practitioners, media risking their safety to report the pandemic, control of traffic rush during the first phase of ease of lockdown and so many other challenges.
However, some persons went out of their way to try to make life easier for others. Click Naija is recognizing the efforts of these young Nigerians who have contributes in their own ways to affecting people positively with the Chow tagged, Click Naija Heroes Challenge. It is a challenge because it is an opportunity for members of the society to vote for those they choose as their heroes. It is also a challenge because it is an avenue to challenge others to do more for the good of society.
Six nominees have emerged from the Federal Capital Territory, (FCT) Abuja, and the include:
- Jeremiah Oseni. Frontline Empowerment of Teachers and Children on Modern Learning Skills during COVID-19 LOCKDOWN
- Sgt. Saka Umar. Frontline Traffic Police during COVID-19 LOCKDOWN
- Wanda Ebe. Founder Wanda Adu Foundation. Frontline Community Service and Rescue for Vulnerable Children and Women during COVID-19 LOCKDOWN
- Maryam Okesanjo. Frontline Journalist and Network News Reader during COVID-19 LOCKDOWN
- Dr. Kelly OHIS Iraoyah. Frontline Infectious Disease Physician during COVID-19 LOCKDOWN
- Ifeanyi Osita. Frontline Journalist Reporting Local Underreported Stories during COVID-19 LOCKDOWN
Amongst the activities lined up are:
- Youth Symposium
- Digital Parade
- Recharge Card Trivia
- Photo Shoot
- Red Carpet
- Award Ceremony
Click Niaja Heroes Challenge is on social media. Use the hashtag, #clicknaijaheroeschallenge and join the campaign to make a difference.
CLICK NAIJA 2020